It might seem to be like shower seat options are endless. So how do you make your choice from the jungle of options? Which variety of seat will suit your funds, style, and provide the functions and functions you desire? Adhere to these five ½ steps to make the right choice for your shower reworking project:
Action 1 – Figure out the measurement of your shower foundation – The size of your base is a important factor in choosing a seat. Smaller showers of ten sq. toes or much less will normally only have enough place for a fold down or fold and retailer seat. For mid-sized showers (10 to 25 sq. feet) the triangular formed corner seat performs well due to the fact it is compact and purposeful. For bigger rectangular formed showers bigger than 25 square ft the bench seat can give the most generous area for calming, shaving and showering.
Stage 2 – Identify the type of base/seat blend that functions greatest – With your budget in thoughts assess these options:
– (A) Fiberglass and acrylic seats built into the bases – Fiberglass is quite value efficient but dimensions are constrained and if the base cracks or fails the entire enclosure must be taken out. Seats are also developed into acrylic bases. These bases are typically higher top quality than fiberglass but are much more expensive as properly.
– (B) Wooden framed foundation constructed on site – A wooden framed seat structure can be built inside of a poured concrete base on internet site and then the construction can be coated with either a masonry board (most regularly in the scenario of tiled showers) or covered in excess of with a PVC waterproofing membrane. The edge of this program is the capability to construct it in a lot of styles and sizes. The drawback can be the labor time concerned and also the risk of leakage if this set up is not completed effectively (transition points among the bench and the walls can be tricky).
– (C) Prefabricated expanded polystyrene – This substance is made of one particular sound device and can be created into bench or corner seats. These models are offered is a broad assortment of standard and custom made dimensions. It is watertight, simple to operate with (it is attached to the base with modified slender set), and can be completed off with tile or a sound area substance.
– (D) Fold down Brazilian walnut or teak – Fold down units are an superb option if you have a tiny shower (they use the least quantity of area). Teak has a large level of h2o resistance and Brazilian walnut is in fact 10 X far better drinking water resistance than teak.
Phase 3 – Think about the top and depth of your seat – The top and depth of seats can vary dependent on the specific system and/or foundation company. Usually the height of most seats varies between a minimum of fourteen” high to about 20″ substantial (for individuals with limited mobility the twenty” large units will be better). The minimal depth of a shower seat is normally 12″ and numerous models are fourteen” to sixteen” deep as properly.
Step 4 – Consider the waterproofing abilities of each method – If you happen to be looking for a large stage of water resistance in your seat there are some methods you need to place on the best of your list and other individuals you most likely want to maintain off the checklist. The winning systems for drinking water resistance would include acrylic base/seat combos and expanded or extruded polystyrene programs. The resources to remain away from would be the custom wooden produced framed framework (this is one that can be specifically problematic if you or your contractor does not put in them properly) or the fiberglass foundation/seat combos (these bases have the maximum failure fee).
Stage five – Prime it off – The prime of your seat is what is discovered the most typically and will be essential to the longevity of your shower. Below are some choices to contemplate:
– Tile seat (over both a framed construction or expanded or extruded polystyrene) – If you select a tile seat make confident the framework underneath is nicely made and pitched a bit in the direction of the shower drain. For very best benefits use possibly a sanded grout or for the greatest stage of h2o resistance select a urethane grout amongst the tiles.
– Strong area granite, corian, marble or cultured marble – These seats will generally be placed on top of the framed or expanded polystyrene techniques. The good thing about these goods is they have no joints to be involved about water penetration. The cultured marble will generally be the most price effective – the legitimate marble would be the most pricey.
– Teak or Brazilian walnut – The teak/Brazilian walnut seats match properly with the earth tone shade techniques being utilized in several showers these days. Whilst the two materials are water resistant Brazilian walnut is astonishingly dense and 10 instances far more water resistant than teak.
– Acrylic or fiberglass – With acrylic or fiberglass the seat will be created into the foundation – shade choices will be constrained.
Action 5 one/2- If the selections are as well intricate phone a skilled. Like numerous bathroom reworking item alternatives – the alternatives are many and the options can be overwhelming. If you are unsure of what seat to use and exactly where to use it get in touch with a specialist bathroom transforming contractor. babaluminium.com.au/products/park-benches/ for a competent lavatory reworking contractor by means of ranking providers like Angie’s Checklist, the Greater Company Bureau and/or faucet into your social networks.
Now that you might be geared up with these 5 one/two actions you might be prepared to choose the proper shower seat to total your toilet task.
Mike Foti is President of Columbus Glass Block, Cleveland Glass Block, Mid The united states Glass Block Cincinnati, Dayton, Akron & Vice President of Japanese Glass Block New York & New Jersey – nationwide manufacturing facility immediate suppliers & installers of shower accessories and glass block prefabricated shower partitions, bases, laser etched and frosted coloured glass blocks. In addition via Mike’s Bathtub Physician and Cleveland Design & Reworking companies they offer full bathroom reworking providers as well.